Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

I realize these come a little late, but here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving. We went to DC to see Kyle and Janae, Gary came out from Indianapolis, and we got to know Janae's cousin, Murissa, and boyfriend, Jay, who were nice enough to let us stay at their house and cook in their beautiful kitchen. We easily had enough food for 20, so Friday was just as tasty as Thursday.  And now I know how easy it is to get back and forth from DC to NY via Chinatown bus, so it makes family feel so much closer.


I had no idea my brother was so pro, but Kyle brined the turkey and everthing.

Gary and Murissa cooked us a breakfast feast before our turkey feast.
We tried to make the pets like each other, but there was some mutual fear there.



Pumpkin Fluff. I owe Janae for introducing me to this stuff.

Pesto rolls.

Cute deviled eggs.

This was such a relaxing Thanksgiving, but the highlight was when Kyle and Janae made their announcement that they're pregnant. They're due in June, and I cannot wait to be an Aunt. All the more reason for me to be on this side of the country, so I can see them more often and work my into favorite aunt status. I've already clinched it on Kyle's side of the family, so now I just have to work on Janae's.
















1 comment:

  1. I love brining a turkey, and the rest of that food made me want it to be Thanksgiving all over again! Darling deviled eggs:)

    ReplyDelete