Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March

Highlights from this week:
- I haven't needed to wear gloves all week.
- I finally got more pictures up on our walls-all of which are of all the lovely people
we miss from back home.
- The first spin on my new bike through Central Park was awesome.
- We applied for an apartment transfer this Spring (depending on what Columbia offers us, we may or may not take it, but it could mean a bigger place very soon).
- D made an apple pie Saturday for a party and impressed all.

I've been sad to see a lot of my hobbies suffer with longer work hours and more time dedicated to errands here. It's a shame because I'm not especially creative, but I do like to push myself to be more so, and my few hobbies are my only creative outlets. I'm a big fan of Ted Talks lately and came across this thought:

"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

I think I can relate to that and have determined to make more time for creation and less time for fear. This may mean I write some really dumb blog posts, but I'll have to get over it.
http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html




2 comments:

  1. I promise I will read all your dumb blog posts. Yay for the bike and all the adventures you will have! And I would never have thought Dane would be the pastry chef! The girls just aren't interested. Next time you're here, I will teach him the Grenoble Tart. (always impressive at a party!!)

    ReplyDelete