Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tests

At work I've started studying for the Series 7 exam. It's a fun little test that will make me a registered rep, which basically means I can do more types of work without getting my company in trouble. Ever since I left school, I have missed that pressure to learn. But now I'm remembering, it's hard! There are so many terms to remember, and the textbook is just weird.  The material itself is pretty easy, but at the end of a day at work, the last thing I want to do is read about finance. I guess I'm just not as good at spreading myself out thin like in college, and I miss the brain I had 2 years ago that could memorize and take in information so much better.  Can't wait til June when this one is passed, and I get to start the Series 63.

Other than that, it is D's Spring Break, so he has been enjoying a little more freedom to sleep in and relax. Yesterday, he met me for lunch downtown, and we had some fun shopping for summer clothes. He's using the week to get ahead on his final outlines, since, not being used to Spring Break after going to BYU, we didn't think about planning a vacation until too late. So instead we've been enjoying New York's spring snowstorms. What a tease. D tells me I let the weather affect me too much, but I can't help it. Besides, everyone has their ups and downs, and if I choose to match mine to wether or not the sun is shining, I don't think that makes me any more unbalanced than other people.

1 comment:

  1. From last post--thanks for the TED link--great stuff. I do not think your brain could possibly have weathered that much in two years. I let the weather dictate my mood as well, it might be a family thing and thanks for the defense statement, so true, so true

    ReplyDelete