Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter and Bonnets

Thanks to Good Friday being a holiday, my crazy busy med schooling brother and sister-in-law got to come for a visit this weekend. When we moved out here, I was sure that I would feel the huge void of not having family nearby. Turns out DC isn't too far, and I've loved being able to see so much more of them while we're all on the East Coast. We went downtown for dinner and a Broadway show Saturday.  We saw Peter and the Starcatcher- so funny and so worth seeing. Then Easter Sunday we strolled down to the annual Easter Bonnet Parade. Let me tell you, if you are ever feeling in need of attention, cover yourself with pastels and flowers and go down to the Easter Bonnet Parade. Everyone will take your picture, and you'll be an instant New York celebrity. I prefer being an under dressed bystander, but this is a tradition we'll have to keep. 


See what I mean, total stardom.


Bonus if you recognize this guy.

This is my favorite picture. I'll have to write a book some day based on these characters.





(My brother actually took most of these pictures, so thanks to him for doing a good job recording the moment.)

1 comment:

  1. I say bring back hats to church! I really should live in the south...

    ReplyDelete