Sunday, April 28, 2013

MoMA/Wburg

I feel like the last few weeks have been total autopilot. Work, study, ignore everything, then work and study some more. So the weekends have really just been boring errands and recovery from M-F. This week, everything finally caught up with itself-we hired a new assistant at work (we've been down one for almost a month), I got a passing grade on one of my Series 7 practice test, and the sun being out longer has made me feel less constrained in getting things done after work.

This weekend, I felt the full joy of this liberation. I had a girls night at the MoMA. What a cool museum. I thought I wouldn't connect as much with the art there-modern art can kind of be weird sometimes. But I've never seen so much familiar art as in the impressionist galleries, and there was this exhibit where the artist had turned his knickknacks into giant versions of themselves. Who doesn't want to see a 5'x5' hamburger in the middle of a gallery.

Then Saturday, I went to Smorgasburg with some other friends (food festival in Brooklyn)-D was of course absent for all of this since he's only 3 weeks out from finals. I get off the train in Williamsburg, and I've suddenly been transported to the land of the hipster. That neighborhood has that reputation, but I had no idea how obvious it would be. The per capita wearage of ray bans and funky sweaters was unbelievable. I had the fattest double chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwich you've ever seen and enjoyed the view of Manhattan from the East River. Also, my translucent city skin is finally back to normal Caucasian after spending all day in the sun-I am a whole new person.

No comments:

Post a Comment