Thursday, August 29, 2013

Work work work

Well, the title basically says it all. I won't complain too much because I still get to leave at a normal hour, but the projects I'm working on now are so much more mentally consuming that I have to make an effort to think about other things when I'm home.

That being said, we are doing a pretty good job wrapping up the summer. We enjoyed a wonderful picnic on the banks of the Hudson for our anniversary. And we went to Summer Streets, where the city shuts off Park Avenue to traffic so that people can run and bike from 72nd all the way down to the Brooklyn Bridge, and different companies set-up booths with freebies. Frozen chocolate covered banana...why yes, thank you Banana Boat. But hopefully we will still have a few more weekends that feel like summer before it leaves us again.

My latest tragedy has been that my bike is broken. We spent part of last Saturday cleaning and putting new tires on my bike only to find out that the derailleur has stopped working. So now it is in the shop, and I only hope that they can replace it tomorrow and that it fixes all the problems so that it doesn't ruin our Labor Day plans of riding over to the Palisades in New Jersey.  Sometimes I wish I didn't own things because I am so bothered when they stop working. Well whatever we end up doing this weekend, I'm glad it includes an extra day.

1 comment: